- ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- SCHOOL & SKYPE VISITS
- CONFERENCES, WORKSHOPS & BOOK FESTIVALS
- LILY AND DUNKIN
- DEATH BY TOILET PAPER
- OLIVIA BEAN, TRIVIA QUEEN
- HOW TO SURVIVE MIDDLE SCHOOL
- AS IF BEING 12-3/4 ISN'T BAD ENOUGH, MY MOTHER IS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT!
- FOR WRITERS & ILLUSTRATORS
- CREATIVITY CORNER
- PRESS KIT
RESOURCES -- LGBTQ, Mental Health, etc.
Online Resources, Videos and Books -- Transgender/Gender Variance :
1. World Professional Association for Transgender Health: http://www.wpath.org/
2. Trans Lifeline – hotline staffed by transgender people for transgender people: http://www.translifeline.org/
3. The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning youth: http://www.thetrevorproject.org/
4. PFLAG – Parents, Families, Friends and Allies United with LGBTQ People to Move Equality Forward: http://community.pflag.org/Page.aspx?pid=194&srcid=-2
5. Extensive list of resources: http://neutrois.me/resources/
6. Transgender Hub -- news, information, advice, reviews and more: www.transgenderhub.com/
7. Gender Diversity increases the awareness and understanding of the wide range of gender variations in children, adolescents, and adults by providing family support, building community, increasing societal awareness, and improving the well-being for people of all gender identities and expressions. http://www.genderdiversity.org/
8. GLAAD list of transgender resources: http://www.glaad.org/transgender/resources
9. Gender Spectrum provides education, training and support to help create a gender sensitive and inclusive environment for all children and teens. https://www.genderspectrum.org/
10. Trans Youth and Family Allies -- TYFA empowers young people and their families through support, education, and outreach about gender identity and expression. http://www.imatyfa.org/
11. Books inclusive of LGBT family members and characters: http://www.welcomingschools.org/pages/books-inclusive-of-gay-family-members-and-characters
12. Cooperative Children’s Book Center School of Education University of Wisconsin-Madison list of suggested books for children and teens that provide information about or reflect the lives of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and questioning (GLBTQ) youth and gay- or lesbian-parented families: http://ccbc.education.wisc.edu/books/detailListBooks.asp?idBookLists=446
13. Documentary feature film: http://transthemovie.com/
14. A video where a mother stands up for her child and all transgender children: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkHx_2dpEbw&feature=youtu.be
15. Beyond Magenta – Transgender Teens Speak Out, written and photographed by Susan Kuklin
16. I’m a big fan of Jennifer Finney Boylan and her writing: http://www.jenniferboylan.net/, including memoirs about her experience.
17. Trans Bodies, Trans Selves – A Resource for the Transgender Community edited by Laura Erickson-Schroth, introduction by Jennifer Finney Boylan
18. The documentary, I am a Girl, shown at Lunafest.org 2012, inspired me to begin thinking about writing this book: http://www.lunafest.org/the-films/details/i-am-a-girl
19. The Journey Project -- The intersection of research, resources, and outreach to support gender-expansive and transgender children and youth, families, and educators. thejourneyproject.us/
Online Resources and Books -- Mental Health:
1. N.A.M.I. (National Alliance on Mental Illness): http://nami.org/ Support, education and advocacy.
2. Brain and Behavior Research Foundation, Meet the Scientists Series – Webinars about various brain illnesses and brain research: https://bbrfoundation.org/meet-the-scientist-webinar-series
3. Voices, a documentary about the human and untold stories of psychosis: http://voicesdocumentary.com/
4. Welcome to the Jungle: Everything You Wanted to Know About Bipolar, But Were too Freaked Out to Ask by Hilary T. Smith
5. Facing Bipolar: The Young Adult’s Guide to Dealing with Bipolar Disorder by Russ Federman, PhD and J. Anderson Thomson, MD
Online Resources and Books – Forest Conservation/Tree Planting:
1. Plant a Billion effort through the Nature Conservancy: http://www.plantabillion.org/ They have a goal of planting a billion trees by 2025.
2. Arbor Day Foundation: http://www.arborday.org/trees/index.cfm. Information about how to plant a tree and which trees to plant where you live.
3. Essay by David Horton about the need to plant not single trees, but to save the existing biodiversity in forests: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-horton/up-a-tree-without-a-paddl_b_23099.html
4. The Legacy of Luna: The Story of a Tree, a Woman and the Struggle to save the Redwoods by Julia Butterfly Hill