RAVES AND REVIEWS FOR DEATH BY TOILET PAPER
* Sydney Taylor Honor Book for Older Readers Award
* International Literacy Association Children's Choices Reading List
* P. J. Our Way Selection
* Scholastic Book Fair Selection
* Michigan Reading Association, Great Lakes Great Books Award Nominee, 2016-2017
* Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Award Program, 2015-2016
* Indiana Young Hoosier Book Award Nominee, 2016-2017
* Georgia Children's Book Award Finalist, Grades 4-8, 2016-2017
* Rhode Island Children's Book Award Nominee, 2016
* Oregon Battle of the Book (Grades 6-8) Selection, 2016-2017
* Maine State Library, "Cream of the Crop" for Children's and Young Adult Literature, 2015
"Readers can’t help but enjoy this heartening book about hanging in there . . . Gephart’s generous view of humanity’s basic goodness shines through, and she leavens her characters’ difficult situation with plenty of humor. Boys in particular will enjoy the toilet-paper facts that begin each chapter."
SCHOOL LIBRARY JOURNAL
"Ben is a determined, likable character whom readers will doggedly root for, and Gephart infuses his story with humor and heart as she tenderly explores issues of grief, loss, family, and friendship. What's more, the amusing ending—featuring a zombie bride in a toilet paper wedding dress—will leave everyone satisfied."