- ABOUT THE AUTHOR
- SCHOOL & SKYPE VISITS
- CONFERENCES, WORKSHOPS & BOOK FESTIVALS
- IN YOUR SHOES
- LILY AND DUNKIN
- DEATH BY TOILET PAPER
- OLIVIA BEAN, TRIVIA QUEEN
- HOW TO SURVIVE MIDDLE SCHOOL
- AS IF BEING 12-3/4 ISN'T BAD ENOUGH, MY MOTHER IS RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT!
- FOR WRITERS & ILLUSTRATORS
- CREATIVITY CORNER
- PRESS KIT
HOW TO SURVIVE MIDDLE SCHOOL
READING QUESTIONS created by Jen Kleinknecht, Media Specialist, HBW Middle School, Verona NJ.
1. David goes to the mall with Elliot even though he doesn’t want to go. Is he being a good friend, or is he allowing himself to be used? Have you ever been in a similar situation? What did you do? What would you have done differently?
2. Why do you think David decides to break the rules on the first day of school? Have you ever let a friend talk you into a bad decision?
3. How could David have avoided his argument with Elliot?
4. Why do you think Tommy picks on David?
5. When Sophie puts the stars on David’s quiz, David understands how Elliot felt about Cara Epstein. Have you ever realized that you may have judged someone too harshly?
6. Can a pet take away your loneliness? What else helps your loneliness?
7. What do you think about David’s daily acne forecast? Is it mean?
8. How does David feel when the video of him is posted on Youtube? How does that help him understand what Lindsey was feeling about the acne forecast?
9. How does David feel when Hammy dies?
10. Why does David say, “Even though I could turn on my computer right now and read dozens of messages from people all over the world, I feel more alone than ever.”
11. If you were David, would you have forgiven Elliot?
12. How has David changed from the beginning of the book until the end?